What Causes Dark Circles Under Eyes
When you get up from a night’s rest the last thing you want to see in the mirror is dark circles under your eyes right? Then you ask yourself this question, “What Causes Dark Circles under Eyes?” This is a very good question. Causes of dark circles under eyes are not always from the lack of sleep.
What Causes Dark Circles Under Eyes – Aging
Even if a person gets the sleep needed to feel restful dark circles can still exist under your eyes. Even though being fatigued can be a cause of dark circles under eyes, it is not always the case. It can be a shadow or just because that is the way your eyes developed as you were growing up. Nobody wants to hear its part of the aging process or it’s something that happens with age.
There are so many reasons that causes dark circles under eyes. As you grow older the skin under your eyes will become thinner and with the skin thinner blood vessels are easier to notice. In some families what causes dark circles under eyes is as simple as being an inherited trait. Some causes of dark circles under eyes are choices of lifestyles from the person. These choices can include drinking alcoholic beverages, stress, physically or emotionally, and smoking. Simply scratching your eyes or rubbing them too much is what causes dark circles under eyes on some people.
Other Causes Of Dark Dircles Under Eyes
Other causes of dark circles under eyes are:
- Too much sun- this will change the color of your skin
- Sinus problems- this type of problem can cause dark circles under eyes because of the dilation of veins, because of the sinuses being infected.
- People of different minorities will sometime suffer from dark circles under the eye because of irregularities in his or her pigment.
Some causes of dark circles under eyes may not be serious enough to see a doctor. However, if the dark circles are only under one eye or seem worse than usual it is best to consult a physician. No one really knows a specific reason of what causes dark circles under eyes. There are several self-treatments for at home for a person to treat the dark circles. The treatments are as follows,
- Sunscreen to avoid over exposure to sunlight
- Sleep- even though lack of sleep has not been found to be what causes dark circles under eyes.
- Sleeping on two or pillows can help with what causes the dark circles under eyes by eliminating the swelling under eyes with more elevation.
- Some causes of dark circles under eyes can be treated with a cold compress.
- Using a nasal solution such as saline can help to relieve congestion that can be one of the underlying causes of dark circles under eyes.
What causes dark circles under eyes is a question that many ask and are sometimes more confused when answered. If a person is worried about the causes of dark circles under eyes, consult a physician. If you just want them to fade, purchase some concealers and cover then up. There are so many types and colors of concealers and creams to choose from. Check out this page to read more about concealing your dark circles.